WordPress needs a Username and Password for opening the access to its administration panel. The Administrator simply goes to the login page, and tap the username and password and login is done, and he gets the control.
Recovering the Administration Panel Password Of WordPress is not too tough. WordPress offers 1 Simple option for password recovery. i.e the Mail Delivery.
Recovering Password Using the Email :
(Skill Level : Low, Difficulty : Low, Chance for Errors: No)
1. Go to Admin Login Panel. (www.yoursite.com/wp-login.php)
2. Click The ' Lost Your Password? ' Link there.
3. You will be taken to a Page where you are asked to Fill out the Email Address you were using.
4. Enter the Email and go Forward.
5. Password Resetting link will be mailed to you And You can Change your password using that link.
Once if we dont know the Email Address we were using, WordPress seems to be helpless then. Anyway, Still we can change the password using some advanced methods by editing the database of wordpress.
Advanced Method (Via Hosting)
(Skill : High, Difficulty : High, Chance Of Errors: High)
1.Go to your hosting account.
2. From The MySQL Database section, Find Phpmyadmin.
3.Select the database in which WordPress is installed, from the Left Side where all databases are listed.
4.Now Find WP Users Table and click the browse button straight to it as shown in the picture.
4.Find the Value Admin there among the users created in the WordPress Blog.
5. Click the edit button next to it, and in the opening page, you can see encrypted values for username, password and all other info.
6.Straight to the password column, replace those encrypted word to
(This is a MD5 Hash sum i have created using some sites.)
7.Now Click OK and everything is set.
8.Now go to www.yoursite.com/wp-login.php and enter your password as ' techfreakz ' and you can see that the login will be done.
9. Make sure you change the password at least this time.