As we all know facebook had made many new changes recently, here is another new feature
called ‘Timeline’ for you, which is better and efficient then all other previous changes.
This feature is like a story book, it has all the history of your profile all the things which
happened to you during your facebook lifespan or atleast like an online documented part of
yours. As this feature is not launched yet but you must be eager to use it and you can use
it. Enabling this feature isn’t hard but not easy also.
There are few things to note:-
1. If are not amongst the developers you probably want to do this because of its
2. Initially only you will be able to see the timeline of your profile but in some time it
would go public.
3. If you log in to another computing machine then you won’t be able to get that feature,
for that you will have to repeat the same procedure as listed below.
Steps to enable timeline:-
1. Initially you have to log in to your Facebook account.
2. Enable developer mode. If you haven’t done this yet, don’t bother you just have to
type “Developer” in the facebook search box and select the first option available on
3. Then download the application onto your system,
4. Run that application
5. Make your own application using this (Don’t worry it would not be displayed to
anyone except you) and then agree to the license agreement.
6. Make sure that now you are in the main settings screen of the application. For
confirmation you should see the name of application on the top of your page.
7. Look for the header named “Open graph” and then make a click on the link ‘Get
started with the open graph’.
8. Then you have to make a test action for your application like “eat” a “sandwich” or
9. Then you will be redirected to the page of configuration from where you can
configure your application. Make any changes in default settings, if you find it relevant
10. Click through about 3 pages of configurations.
11. Wait for 2-3 minutes approximately.
12. Return back to your facebook home screen, there you will see an invite for the
facebook timeline feature.
If you are not able to see the invite for time line feature even after this procedure then relax you will be
getting it within few minutes. Once you click on that invitee then you will be redirected to your
new timeline. Initially your timeline is private until you do it after editing you timeline or you
can let facebook do it. As this feature will be made public after the date 29th September.
If you are accessing your profile through any other system then this feature will be turned off,
to turn it on again you have to do the following.
1. Go to the URL or you can say address window and type “http:www.facebook.com/
2. Remember to edit the [yourusername] and change it to your username.
In this way you can make use of this new timeline feature.